Established in 1982 by Peter Johnson and Geoff Holmes, Johnson Holmes is an independent firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisors. We offer a comprehensive range of accountancy and business advisory services to private individuals and companies in many sectors.
Johnson Holmes offer a practical, friendly and efficient service, reacting quickly to our clients needs, ensuring wherever possible we exceed their expectations.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
The practice holds professional indemnity insurance that meets the requirement of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Our professional indemnity insurer is Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc of 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BD. The territorial coverage of the insurance is worldwide, excluding professional business carried out from an office in the United States of America or Canada and excludes any action for a claim brought in any court in the United States of America or Canada.
Our general approach to resourcing our assignments is to allocate staff with the experience and skills to meet the specific requirements of the case.
All partners and staff are charged out at hourly rates, which are reviewed annually.
Time is recorded on our practice Iris time recording system.
Time billed is subject to Value added Tax (VAT), where appropriate, at the applicable rate. Our VAT number is 379 9979 86
Data Protection Policy
This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by Johnson Holmes & Co.
We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as current, past and prospective employees, company directors, suppliers, clients/customers, creditors and others with whom we communicate. In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of personal information in order to comply with the requirements of government departments and agencies.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information. We believe that the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is, critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our clients' confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation. For a copy of the firm’s general Privacy Notice please click here
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and will:
- Fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information.
- Meet our legal obligations to specify the purpose for which we use personal information.
- Only collect and process the personal information needed to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements.
- Ensure that the personal information we use is as accurate as possible.
- Ensure that we do not hold personal information any longer than necessary.
- Ensure that people know about their rights to see the personal information we hold about them.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information.
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation. Currently, the nominated person is Peter Johnson (telephone 01603 616331, email email@example.com).
- Everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice.
- Everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised.
- We regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information.
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do.
- Queries about handling personal information are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so please write to Peter Johnson, Partner, Johnson Holmes & Co, Towlers Court, 30A Elm Hill, Norwich, NR3 1HG.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01603 616331. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.